Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Every Now and Then

I still sit down to my quilting every once in awhile for a break from my knitting. I find the change to be very energizing. Of course, I have as much fabric to use up as I have yarn and rosary beads! I have finally fgured out this paper piece quilting stuff, and connecting the two ends of binding strips together after the binding is sewn onto a quilt.

I have started a bias scarf out of Country Spa yarn. I am having more success with this pattern, which calls for knitting into the front and back loop for an increase, rather than a yarn over. It is only 15 stitches wide.

For at least a third time, I ripped out the bias prayer shawl I had started in Homespun using the Lion Brand V Shawl pattern. On the last run I was four stitches short after only about six inches of knitting. It is very hard to keep track of the rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment