Friday, January 14, 2011

Grandmother

Going over to see my little granddaughter again today. Nothing more snuggly than having a baby sleeping on my shoulder with her head next to mine. Kitties are very warm, but babies fit better. On Wednesday I could hardly bear to leave Anne's house because Little Girl was content to be in Grandma's arms. 

We are having snow, snow, and more snow. This must be closer to what Laura Ingalls Wilder's family had in The Long Winter. It is closer to the winters that I remember as a child, absent the cold temperatures. I can remember one year that the St. Paul Pioneer Press gave Mother Nature the cold shoulder award for so many days with temperatures below zero. That was the year steering wheels were breaking off in Alaska because of the extreme cold.

Off to work. I cannot remember the things I was so anxious to blog about yesterday! Senility is upon us.  I need to pick up some provisions for Anne, and get a Shaklee package out in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment