Sunday, November 3, 2013

Tooth Paste as Silver Polish

The Shaklee Corporation does not, of course, recommend  or advertise their toothpaste as a silver polish. However, Shaklee's Scour Off, my beloved cleaning paste, explicitly states that it should not be used on silver. Which Shaklee products might I be able to use in its place?  After seeing another blogger's picture of a silver platter polished with Shaklee's New Concept Organic Dentifrice, I decided to try it for myself. I was impressed with the results, although it did not remove all of the tarnish. It also required a great deal of time and elbow grease. On the plus side, the silverware rinsed clean immediately, unlike when I have used store brand polishes which remained in crevices even after washing. The toothpaste is also non-toxic, so there was no need for gloves, and no concern about spilling or spotting on other surfaces. Here are the pictures to show you the results. Bear with the less than perfect lighting which does not quite capture the silverware either before or after.

Shaklee New Concept Organic Dentifrice is fluoride-free, which is why I like it so much for my teeth. To place an order, go to www.dianac.myshaklee.com. Enter Patricia Becker, Shaklee ID #WN00277 as your sponsoring distributor. You can also contact me by e-mail, or by commenting on this blog.

My next Shaklee challenge is to see if Vivix will reduce the age spots on my arms, and lighten the mask on my face. Another Shaklee customer has insisted that Vivix has made her age spots vanish, although again, the Shaklee Corporation does not market Vivix for this purpose. I have been very pleased with my skin after two years of using the Enfuselle skin products, but the light/dark coloration between my face and my hair line persists. I started Vivix in the middle of this month. I'll keep you posted!

Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment