Thursday, December 11, 2014

Yarn Shop Stop

Anne wants to crochet a a cowl for me for Christmas, so yesterday I stopped at Bonnie's Spinning Wheel in St. Cloud  to pick out some yarn. What a pick-me-up! I found myself stroking silky skeins something akin to Mr. Whiffle's squeezing Charmin, as Dad put it. That had not been a part of my plans! Nor had I expected to be inspired to pick up my needles again, but that is my response after seeing Bonnie's myriad of perfectly knitted and sewn samples around the store. I simply must get those mittens done, and then hit that children's hat and the socks I have been planning for years. Then I need to go buy some of the warm-hued Baby Crofter yarns in girly colors to go with the Baby Crofter pattern book which I purchased about four years ago. The hats and ponchos will still fit my little granddaughters since the pattern sizes go from ages 0 - 7.

I finally settled on some pink/peach/tan variegated skeins of Mochi Plus by Crystal Palace. It will match my peach turtleneck perfectly. Not sure what else yet, but I had to make a choice among so many options! On the way out I also grabbed a clever pair of knitting needle covers for the double pointed needle set which I purchased for doing my socks. Besides protecting such delicate needles, they will keep my project together while it sits on my end-table.

To hand crafts! Bye bye!


knit like you mean it

No comments:

Post a Comment