Monday, July 4, 2016

Fourth of July

We are home for the Fourth. I have been up since 7:00 AM. After mass and a British style breakfast of grilled-in-the-pan toast (buttered on both sides), two eggs and a cuppa, I had to sit and read my Jan Karon book while Husband went out golfing. After that I folded clothes and sheets, and started cooking. I made a pot of chili for tomorrow (one container for the freezer), and then dug potatoes and made potato salad. Then I baked a turtle pecan dessert and two batches of muffins. I look forward to our typical Fourth of July supper of hamburgers, onions, potato salad, watermelon and chips. Then I get to wash more dishes, do a little bit of gardening, and then go back to my book! Tomorrow I have to call and find out if we do, in fact have a Catholic United Financial meeting. Otherwise it will be time to do some ironing and dust-mopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment