Monday, November 26, 2018

Free Motion Quilting

I had some fun today. I attended my usual Block of the Month class at Just Sew Studio. We learned the tree bark and slate block patterns today, also known as tongues of fire and mud puddles. I had spent the day at the shop last Friday doing free motion on one of my quilts, so my machine and I were ready to go today. After the six hours of practice on  Friday, I think I have found my speed! The patterns today were quite easy, so we all finished early. However, I chose to do my blocks in two different patterns. One pattern was an experiment in following the design of the fabric. It was harder than I anticipated, but I had been itching to try it for quite some time. I am glad that I was finally able to do so. I was able to sew so much longer today without a break. The relaxed muscles are another sign that I have found my pace.

After months of stagnation with vision therapy - well, also a few months' break because I was not taking the time to do the exercises -  I am "seeing" some break-through. What a difference in up-close TV Trainer from what I was able to do the last time. I usually play cards on the computer with the green acetate and left eye with red patch.So much easier than it was last time. The GTVT chart is also much easier. If I stick my nose almost onto the mirror, I can also actually see both eyes in the same shade of grey with the Polaroid glasses. That is encouraging! I am hoping that soon I will have my binocular vision. It has been a long haul. Vision therapy is great, but I am afraid that most people would not be able to invest the time and money that I have been able to put into it. Most adults work outside of the home. I am sure that a younger person would be able to retrain his brain much more quickly than I. I highly recommend starting at a younger age!               

No comments:

Post a Comment