Tuesday, March 26, 2019

More on Marge Fenelon

I continue with the novena included in Marge Fenelon's book, Forgiving Mother. I so appreciate her writing, and I am finding a new confidence in praying to the Blessed Mother. I pray the novena prayers in the first person plural as a means to pray for healing for myself, my daughter and my granddaughters.

I stayed up late Sunday night to finish Raymond Arroyo's Will Wilder: The Relic of Perilous Falls. I would classify this book as an adventure story in the flavor of Indiana Jones. It was a relaxing foray into the land of fiction. That does not mean it was prudent of me to stay up until all hours of the night when I had such a full day yesterday.

I had my free motion class yesterday afternoon. I sewed one of my squares with the wrong thread, and in the wrong direction for the print. That square will just have to become a fabric basket instead of going into the quilt. We missed two of our classes because of snow storms, and I had not done any free motion quilting in between. However, I felt comfortable jumping right in. I left my free motion foot and top-stitching needle in the machine so that I can continue on this afternoon or tomorrow.

Yesterday I went from quilting to a quick dinner at Culver's, to the Catholic United Financial workshop at St. Anthony's, at which our council was serving refreshments. I was the keeper of the keys, so it was late before I was able to leave. I made a quick visit to Jesus in the Adoration Chapel, getting home around 9:15 PM.

I am looking forward to the next three days of relative quiet before a busy Friday, Saturday and Monday. My little girl may come over to do some sewing while she is on spring break. If she does not, I will keep myself busy with my own sewing and cleaning. Besides the quilting, I have some birthday gifts to sew, and lots of fleece to use up. My own "cutesy, cutesy, cutesy" Siamese kitty fleece blanket fabric awaits me! I am gloating over the beautiful fleece prints which I have on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment