Monday, February 8, 2021

Quilting

 I have been on a roll. I finished four aprons since the beginning of the year. From then on I have been quilting and quilting. Clarence received the completed quilt which I had started for him when he was about 3,4 or 5. He is now 14. The Pinky Pie quilt which had been intended for Ari and was a free motion quilting class project, is now also finished. Three or four years ago Sister Jessica had given me a suitcase full of quilt tops which she had gotten from someone else. I gave most of the tops to the St. Joseph's quilters in Waite Park, but had held three back to finish myself. Last night I started the binding on the first of those, and pressed the backing for the next one. I am planning ahead for the next projects after the last two tops are finished. At the same time I dug into the yarn bin and started an afghan from some cotton yarn which I had purchased for a blanket for Ari when she was a baby. As I knit I am also thinking ahead to the next afghan. It feels very good to be digging into my stash and using things up. It is energizing. It is also a great pleasure to see what I can do with my free motion skills. My free motion is by no means perfect, but I am getting lots of practice.

I put onions in my Super Bowl guacamole yesterday. Never again. Besides giving me dragon breath, the onions detract from the jalapeno, which I normally savor. Twenty years ago I would have never guessed that I would have a liking for guacamole and hummus. I now nutritionists frown on the fat content of avocados, but I look at guacamole as healthier than dips made from sour cream and mayonnaise, and as a way to get an extra serving of fruits and vegetables.

Now off to tea and breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment