Sunday, May 4, 2014

How does your garden grow?

I had to do a yard walk again this evening. Status Report.

September Charm Anemonies up.
Lady's Mantle up. That is a first for me! I have tried Lady's Mantle in my garden a few times before, but have not been able to keep them alive. That this one survived the hot summer and very cold (normal) Minnesota winter is a great sign.
Patricia Geranium up. Other new geranium up.
Jacob's Ladder up.
Johnny Jump-Ups up and spreading like crazy, at last! I have been trying to get them established in my flower beds for years.
Daisy transplants from the St. Marcellus Mission Group garage sale also multiplying like crazy, just as I wanted.
Columbines thriving. The more, the merrier! I saw three or four in the back shade bed. Yippee! I'll find out soon enough if one of my McKana Giants survived.
Honey Suckle bush gone. Ripped the rest of it out a few days ago. I am sure I will be pulling up suckers for several years to come, but pulling out that mildew-infested shrub opened up my garden nicely.
Husband reports that the aparagus is also up. I told him the rhubarb was doing well, too, to which he responded that one of those two plants is edible. The rhu-barbs will continue for the rest of our lives, I am sure.

Tomorow I hope to do some raking and put down some grass seed. Then the weeding needs to begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment