Saturday, May 18, 2024

Crafts Direct

 I took out my I 💙 Crafts Direct mug this morning for my cuppa tea. Wouldn't you know, it has a large crack down the side. Fitting that my mug will go out with the store. I think I have enough Tombow on hand that I do not need to go to the store again before they finally close. 


It has been a busy week. We set up for the mission group garage sale on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The sale started Wednesday afternoon. It ends at noon today, so I am heading out soon to help with the pick-up.

I finished Patrick Madrid's Search and Rescue. I highly recommend it for anyone interested in evangelization or apologetics. Patrick is usually so calm in his radio presentations. This book also is very gentle. 

I have been sewing up a storm. I finished a toddler/lap quilt top out of fat quarters which my sister gave me. I have one final seam to do on a table runner, and two other autumn print table runners ready for backing and binding. I have been emptying out so many odds and ends of bobbin thread it isn't funny. It is good to make a dent in my fabric stash. Now for the quilting part!

I also worked my two days at Catholic Charities this week. Before I left in the morning I made some posters advertising our mission group craft and bake sale to put out at our garage sale - taking advantage of the opportunity for advertising. For the life of me I could not figure out why my copies kept coming out crooked. Finally it dawned on me that the sheet I was copying was on the plate crooked. Ohhh! Then at the food shelf I picked up a container that hat broken open in the donation box. I ended up spilling chicken broth all over. Yuck! The smell and the sticky mess! More yuck factor in the jar of open peanut butter in the box, and an open Kool-aid canister. We have been putting out food from the Post Office' Stamp Out Hunger drive. But items have been flying off of the shelves as fast as we can put them out. 

My brother-in-law sent pictures of the St. Magnus Cathedral in the Orkney Islands. How interesting, since I read Susan Peek's St. Magnus, the Last Viking. It puts the book in a real time and place.

No comments:

Post a Comment