Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

Today we purchased a new bed frame to replace the teddy bear bed in the spare bedroom. I purchased the teddy bear bed (so called because the head and foot boards resembled the beds seen in story books) at Wolfgrams' garage sale in WBL when I moved into my little apartment on Cedar Street 18 years ago. The mattress supports were broken in enough places that I did not feel comfortable offering it for guest use. The new mattress and box spring also made the bed higher than I wish for the times that I sleep in that room. (It is my snuggly place to go when I cannot sleep, and need to move where I can read while Papa sleeps.)

I made another run to the Foley quilt shop for more interfacing for Smart Bags. I am enjoying sewing them very much. I did sneak some Moda Christmas print fat quarters into my purchase, too. I have been eyeing those prints since I first saw them at Barb's booth at the St. Cloud Heritage Quilt Show in October. Really cute. Vintage looking. They are petite prints.

John William Dando Vandeberg, I am still laughing at your antics. I am proud to be your auntie!

No comments:

Post a Comment