Friday, November 5, 2010

Garden of Weedin'

I spent the afternoon working in the Mary Garden at St. John Cantius. Yes, Gerard, I realize now that I did not take any pictures of the garden when it was in full bloom. I cut down some perennials, pulled out the annuals, and worked on edging the patio blocks. Tomorrow I may not be able to move. I am looking forward to a cozy evening embroidering.

I finished the book, Looking for the King (Downing, Ignatius Press). It kept me interested enough to have to finish it. I would not, however, rate it as one of the best mysteries of all time. I had planned on moving right on to Rachel's Contrition, but I side-tracked into Pearce's Tolkien: Man and Myth. The later appears to be an easy read, and suitably follows Downing's book with guest appearances by the Inklings. I am on my second chapter just reading on my lunch breaks at work. Arthur has expressed interest in this book, too, since he has watched all of the Lord of the Rings movies with me. I read those books down at the lake in my youth. I am paying for those  bad sunburns now with skin discoloration and moles.

Time to prepare supper. Fried potatoes and fish. It's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment