Sunday, August 10, 2014

Cookie Day

We are finally having rain after a month of none. In the past two weeks St. Cloud has had a couple of good rains, while the showers missed us. Our lawn is brown, and many of my flowers have gone dormant. I am grateful for the good downpour. My rain  buckets will be filled again, too.

I spent much of the early afternoon looking up candidate information so that I know whom to vote for in the primary election this Tuesday. Then I decided to make cookies. (See Oatmeal Cinnamon Chips Cookies blog on 9/24/13). For some reason I grabbed the muffin scoop. Once I got to the pan I thought, "Why not?", so we have jumbo cookies instead of regular. They are a  bit faster to scoop out. I'll have to try it again.

I had already planned on making meatballs today since I will have leftovers to take to my mom's house tomorrow. I had stopped at Byerlys for some of their specials yesterday, and found that if I purchased two pounds of hamburger, the price was $2.99 per pound instead of the $5-ish per pound which I would pay at either Byerlys or Coborns. That was a good deal. I am trying a new recipe from The Drummer newspaper out of Wright County, my latest favorite clip and try place. I will substitute oatmeal for the bread crumbs, sage for the poultry seasoning, and milk for the spaghetti sauce. But this recipe has Parmesan cheese in it, so I thought it would be something different to try. It also calls for a whole teaspoon of pepper,  a half cup of dried parsley, and no onions or garlic. Sounds very different. Used my muffin scoop to measure the meatballs, too.

Back to Byerlys. The raspberries which I purchased were huge and delicious. Too bad I did not buy yogurt. I also grabbed two bags of their Lunds & Byerlys Kettle Chips. Again, the price looked comparable to what I would pay at Coborns, and I was after a flavor which would taste like the peppery, cheesy kettle chips which I had with my Liquid Assets sandwich the day  before. We tried the Buffalo Blue Cheese flavor yesterday. Not what I had at Liquid Assests. They were good, with a definite blue cheese taste. Good enough for me to polish off the rest of the bag today. They would not be my first choice, however.

Tonight I hope to machine stitch the binding onto a quilt so I can do the hand stitching in front of a good PBS Mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment