Saturday, September 26, 2015

Another Jeanne Cooney Recipe Test

Yesterday I made yet another of the recipes which I copied from Jeanne Cooney's book, A Second Helping of Recipes and Murder, the chocolate pudding shots. Loaded with mega-calories, I am certain. The recipe did not specify the size of the pudding box, so I used the smaller size. It included an entire 8 oz. container of Cool Whip, so you get the idea on fat content. The recipe also did not specify number of servings. I poured out eight servings into small stemmed juice glasses. This recipe would also be elegant served in the small colored shot glasses I have seen at TJMaxx, but it would take a very large number of them! To get a very neat fill I would recommend using a pastry bag. This would be great to serve as a small dessert at a cocktail party or evening get-together.

I was short on the Bailey's Irish Cream, so I used only half of what the recipe called for.
Arthur and I both thought they were good, not super, as I had hoped. They reminded me of Black Forest Chocolate Cake. Arthur said they tasted like mudslides.

I would make them again for adult company. I think I will try a variation of her White Russian pudding shots by substituting chocolate pudding for the vanilla. In the book she suggests garnishing with strawberries. I think I would garnish with more Cool Whip, or some chocolate shavings.

No comments:

Post a Comment