Saturday, September 19, 2015

Peanut Butter Cup Bars

Last time I wrote about Jeanne Cooney and her books. I tested the Peanut Butter Cup Bars which were in her second book, A Second Helping of Murder and Recipes. I have to say that they were fabulous. Very rich and creamy. I will not tell you how many I ate in one sitting, but I was thinking that I could keep up with Emerald Malloy with no  difficulty. Arthur and I both agreed that we like the bars better than the candy with the same name. Lip smacking good. My one thought on the recipe is that perhaps I could try parchment paper in place of aluminum foil. It might be easier to work with.  Sorry I can't share the recipe. You will have to buy the book, or look for another version. As for the other recipe which I tried, the overnight chicken and mushroom hot dish which I had to eat all by myself since someone else does not like mushrooms, I could have shared it with my granddaughter when she was over the other day. She said that she likes mushrooms. Never mind that she is only four and a half years old.


I started taking off baseboard in the bedroom, thinking that we could perhaps knock a few dollars off of our flooring costs. I am painting the walls, and it would make that job simpler anyway. I am by no means an industry expert, but my guess is that the nails which Fred (the builder and original owner of our house) used longer nails than he should have. They certainly do not pull out of the walls as easily as in the demonstrations of removing baseboards which I saw on YouTube. In order to get some of the baseboard off, Arthur had to remove the frame and studs from the  closet: Fred had cut holes into the studs and frame and passed the baseboards through the holes. Either the closet was an afterthought, or he was too lazy to cut the baseboards. What a mess. We also discovered that the pieces of baseboard in small areas are made of a different wood, and are of a different height. It's a Fred house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment