Monday, November 27, 2017

Cyber Monday Class

I spent the afternoon at Just Sew Studio, formerly Associated Sewing. We learned how to make infinity scarves out of a woven fabric and out of a knit, and then a faux bias scarf. It was good to get out and do something creative and meet new people. The store has changed a bit since the last class I took several years ago. They now have a more extensive line of fabrics. The sample projects scattered around the store were made of warm and cheerful colors. I did buy a Terri Atkinson pattern for clutch/cosmetic bags, and the fusible fleece needed to complete three of them. It will be a start at using up some of my fabric collection. We had company on Saturday, so the house is clean. We are having leftovers for dinner, and I made cookies for my husband's lunches this evening. That means I can spend tomorrow sewing. I can throw some wash in at the same time, as long as I use only the washer or the dryer while my iron is plugged in. I am ready to go.

I took a short walk when I got home from class, and then another with Arthur after dinner. I like our evening walks, perhaps even  better in the dark of winter. I do not always get to go, depending on how many dishes I have to clean up after supper, and what other chores must be done. I am starting to have pain in my knees, which cause I do not know. It could be weight, lack of exercise, or arthritis. Time will tell. I may be able to tell in a few days after doing some of my physical therapy exercises again. I may start on Shaklee Joint Health Complex to rule out arthritis.

I am transitioning Gracie over to a dry food meant for cats susceptible to UTI's. Of course, she loves her dry food. Right now I am using it as "treats" until the canned food is gone.

I have about three hours of eye therapy to complete each evening if I do my syntonics with both sets of colors, as my therapist wanted. I notice that I can only do polorized reading after syntonics. Otherwise I cannot make out the printing.                   

No comments:

Post a Comment