Monday, November 13, 2017

Stamping Fun



I have been having fun stamping again.It all started because I have to send out a few cards and letters, and have to have the appropriate sentiments, and the necessary space to write what needs to be written. I have had the Stampin' Up Thankful for You set for a couple of years, but have barely used it. Now I can say that I have gotten my money's worth. I am really enjoying monochromatic designs since I got the Bold Brights DSP collection. I am ready to start stamping gifts for Christmas.

This afternoon I cleaned flower beds at St. John Cantius. I should have known better than to expect that the ground would not be frozen. I could not pull out a single annual. Still, I filled up an entire  contractor's bag full of compost. The Russian Sage is the bulkiest, and my highest priority in fall chores. It is the one plant I want cut back before new growth begins in the spring. The cat nip sent me into a coughing fit. It is quite the irritant for me. While fall or spring clean-up is the least favorite of my garden duties, it does have its rewards. I was in heaven with the scent of the rosemary from the Mary Garden. I cut several of the frozen stems to bring home. My hands smelled wonderful afterwards. Also very fragrant was the cranes bill geranium. Interesting to see that the stems on that plant grow exactly the way annual geraniums grow. I thought the dianthus which I planted this summer was an annual, but they are still as green as other perennials, so I let them be. It will be very cool if they come back next spring.  I am sure the four o'clocks did a good job of seeding themselves, and that I will see them again next spring.

The building inspector from the city was out this morning to measure our deck. I am sure that means that our taxes will increase. The deck and the new flooring sure increased our home insurance.

My goal between now and Christmas is to get a handle on some of my long in the works sewing projects, and to make a substantial dent in my rosary bead supply. It just requires some discipline to not make any new purchases until the old purchases are used up. Not only will it help to de-junk the house, but it will also feel good to know that I have exercised good stewardship over our household income.

No comments:

Post a Comment